Porcelain during the Great Yuan

Today I am traveling to the time when the Yuan Dynasty was at its height of power, art and culture flourished so again, I have packed up my bags for important stuff and I am now traveling to the year 1290, where Chinese Art has heavily influenced by the arrival of the Mongols.

I arrived in Beijing in the year 1290, at that time it was called Khanbaliq. I have just slipped on my disguise as a rich merchant looking for good art and pottery and I have started with searching for different stores with unique pottery with lovely art.


The first store has captivated me with wondrous pottery. I asked the store owner if I could look around the store and was hoping to buy one, the owner allowed me and personally gave me a tour since I was "rich". She told me that the pottery had been hand made and shaped into unique shapes, and then added blue patterns to make it look appealing. I took a look at them and here are some of the pottery I have taken interest in.



This round Pottery is decorated with the blue plants around the pottery
This pottery has 3 stilts and can be used for putting delicate desserts












I am satisfied with the porcelain and have bought it, and when I came out of the shop, and walked through an alley to get outside of the city, a couple of soldiers asked me for identification and I said: please wait, and I have shot them with tranquilizer darts and casually walked out of the alley and have exited the city. Thank goodness the soldiers were not able to see that I was foreign, so I decided it was enough for the day and decided to travel 100 years later, to where the Ming Dynasty started to rebuild the great wall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rebuilding of the Great Wall + The Forbidden City

Search of the Bronze Compass