Poetry Enlightenment in the Tang Dynasty

When I was traveling back in time to China, I realized that I have only gone to Ancient Chinese or Modern Chinese History but I haven't gone to the era where China was at its height of power during that time. So I have decided to pack up my necessities and used my time traveling device (aka my super advanced watch) to travel back into Ancient China in 750 CE (circa)

As I was walking down the busy streets of Chang'an, there were a lot of vendors selling all sorts of different things, such as food, fabric and toys. I decided to go to a food vendor and get a hot steamy pork bun, I sat down at one of the chairs and took a bite out of the bun. It was truly one of the best buns I have ever eaten while traveling in ancient history.

When I arrived at one of the bookstores there, the store owner introduced me to the variety of books that they have and told me that I was welcome to look through them. I saw some of the famous poems that are popular in present times in China. I was reading them:



鹅、鹅、鹅,

(é é é)

曲项向天歌。
(qū xiàng xiàng tiān gē)

白毛浮绿水,
(bái máo fú lǜ shuǐ)

红掌拨清波
(hóng zhǎng bō qīng bō)


床前明月光,

(Chuáng qián míng yuè guāng,)
疑是地上霜。

(yí shì dì shàng shuāng.)
举头望明月,

(Jǔ tóu wàng míng yuè,)
低头思故乡。

(dī tóu sī gù xiāng.)

Just when I had finished reading them, I looked at the paper that they had written the poem on, the paper was thin and the ink didn't go through and leak. I was intrigued by the paper that I asked the store owner if there was paper that I could buy. He looked at me as if I was weird but still brought out sheets of paper for me.


After leaving the bookstore, I decided to buy more food from the vendors and have gotten myself some more food, one of them is the sweet Tanghulu, which is glazed with suagr and sweet berries, I ate them and walked out of Chang'an heading for my next destination



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rebuilding of the Great Wall + The Forbidden City

Search of the Bronze Compass

Porcelain during the Great Yuan